If you are as toxic as I am, detoxing has been super rough stuff! Go slow!! (click here for rest of story)
Even the lemon water before breakfast was too hard on me! Now I have my lemon water before lunch or supper, that seems to be ok and still supposed to help. It might have been the lemon water interacting with my thyroid meds, but I took them an hour apart, that’s all we’re supposed to do. Ah well, whatever it was, I learned my lesson!
Just take it slow! Sometimes our bodies are so horribly toxic that we just have to be gentle with ourselves. I know, we all just want to get ‘er done already, but in my case, slow is better.
Especially for those of us with Fibromyalgia, on the Guaifenesin Protocol! Our bodies are fighting hard to expel those accumulated phosphates, we need to assist our bodies in this job, not over-tax them. If you are just starting out on the protocol (in your first year) then don’t even worry about toxins. Your goal right now is to get used to the Guaifenesin Protocol and the HG diet if you need it.
So I am sticking with my 6 simple detox changes plan:
1. ALWAYS wash your veggies and fruits in water and vinegar. Just dump them all in your kitchen sink, use about 1 cup vinegar in a sink of water. Set the timer for 30mins. Then drain and you’re done! 🙂 And PLEASE stay away from these dangerous non-organic foods: Strawberries, cucumbers, peppers, celery, apples. Those are the worst ones to buy non-organic. Other non-organic fruits and veggies, if you clean them very well, are less toxic. Check out This Slow Life. com for more on Organic.
2. Drink lots of water with fresh lemon juice, known to naturally support your detoxification processes in your body. I actually buy organic lemons, dump them in my food processor whole, and process them to a pulp. On the HG diet, I use this as my fruit serving in a glass of water in the morning before my breakfast. I found that having it in my water all day long was too much sugar or carbs on the HG diet. Check out this post for more on lemon water: water benefits health.com
3. SKIP the nasty artificially sweetened stuff with ingredients like Splenda and aspertame. If you are not on the HG diet, stay away from sugars of any kind as well as corn (usually Genetically Modified GMO) and all simple carbs- esp the white stuff- rice, bread, pasta, potatoes.
4. Start using probiotics daily. We consume WAY too much sugar and starches for our bodies to keep from having an overgrowth of candida, which can damage the gut and allow toxins into the blood stream.
5. Use digestive enzymes daily, with every meal to help our poor lagging systems along. Find sal-free ones and follow instructions on the bottle.
6. Use a natural sal-safe toxin absorbent like Bentonite Clay (link to a site by a Dr on how and why.)
OK, so here’s one more thing if you think you have had mold toxins, start doing a saline rinse! I know it sounds SO SO awful, and let me tell you, the first time I did it was totally as bad as it sounds. Felt like I just sucked in a bunch of pool water through my nose! BUT! It hurt because I just used plain distilled water! You MUST use saline. But, you can make your own super easy. Just use 2 cups distilled water (another must!) and 1 tsp sea salt. Warm the water and stir in the salt. Not hot water or you’ll burn yourself fyi! 🙂
Like you didn’t know that already, right? Makes me think of coffee cups now-a-days. They always have to have this *CAUTION- contents are HOT!* HAHAH! Well, I sure hope so, or I want my money back! 😀
So, there you have it! I will update you more as I go on living with less toxins and detoxing on the Guaifenesin Protocol. Hang in there and just keep swimming! <3