DIY Deodorant (Salicylate Free)

Deodorant Spray. Natural, healthy, easy, WORKS!

So, this has been a long time coming lol! I really wanted to wait until I was SURE it worked before telling the world I stopped using regular deodorant, for obvious reasons LOL 😀

In my quest to get away from Aluminum and alum but also be salicylate free, I made myself a stick deodorant using lots of great ingredients that are supposed to work, but didn’t work well enough.

I’ve tried a combination of beeswax, Emu oil, Zinc, vit E, baking soda, bentonite clay, seasalt, magnesium oil. I spent hours and hours studying on ingredients and what would work that aren’t essential oils and won’t block the guaifenesin from working to clear my Fibromyalgia symptoms. The Mag oil and baking soda totally gave me a rash after just a few days. And the rest of these, including the emu oil did not work well enough. Not to mention how hard it was to get the oil stains out of my clothes. 😛

You will not believe how simple this is. And it actually REALLY works, better than any antipersperant I have ever used even! There is essentially NO smell under my arms. Nothing! Ever!! WOOHOO! 😀

Ok, brace yourselves. Here it is:

¼ cup Ethanol alcohol (Vodka is basically Ethanol)

2 tsp vinegar.

Pour into little spray bottle and spray 2-3 x on your pits. Yes it does smell like vinegar for a minute. But that’s it! Immediately after shaving, it will sting for a minute, so be for-warned!

I used it morning and night for a few days, because it’s supposed to take a few days for your body to adjust to the change. Check out This post from Whole Life Style Nutrition for more. But from what I read, after that adjustment period, most people just use it once a day and it still works. These ingredients actually kill the smell-causing bacteria! FINALLY a deodorant that works AND is healthy! 😀

About Christine

I'm a bit of a health nut and not ashamed of it! God, family and Missions are huge passions and driving forces in my life. I have had fibromyalgia for most of my life and am in the process of a treatment that is gonna give me my life back! Join me in my journey to wellness, make some new friends and maybe encourage someone else along the way!
This entry was posted in me and fibromyalgia, Recipes and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to DIY Deodorant (Salicylate Free)

1. Elis Regina says:

I have a homemade roll-on that I have used for several years now that works for me. Milk of magnesia in a roll-on bottle fragranced with my fave essential oils. Smells heavenly because you design it uniquely and the alkaline MoM kills bacteria all day long. Store bought deodorant just doesn’t work as well for me.

• Dana says:

Sadly, essential oils are a no-no for us on the guaifenesin protocol. It will block the beneficial effects of the medication.

I am going to try this as soon as I can get my hands on a bottle of vodka. So simple!
      Then I will take the rest of my previously made deodorant and thin it with some emu oil to use as a sunscreen instead 🌻

Thanks Dana! yes, very sadly, we can’t use eo’s! I LOVE using them in my diffuser though. Makes the house smell SO much fresher 🙂 And you can put a couple drops on your Furnace intake filter so whenever the furnace turns on, there is a fresh burst of fragrance 🙂

Good idea re the sunscreen!! I should do that with mine too!! Thanks! <3

Hi Elis! I did try the Milk of Magnesia, it totally didn’t work for me. I can’t use essential oils, but that probably really helps too! I love to diffuse eo’s in my home esp during the winter when the air in the house gets a bit stale 🙂

2. Ange says:

HI! What kind of vinegar? And can I use vodka? I have some in my cupboard😉 I may be tempted to spray it on my mouth though🤣 thanks

3. Laura Craig says:

Suffering Relief:
    Hi! this is Laura Craig from Colorado Springs, Colorado. I wish to share a website that has blessed me exceedingly.
    I believe that prayer and nutrition are essential
    components to healing. Per my previous discussion over the phone with Christine Mann,
    on the Guaifenesin Protocol of Dr. St. Amand,
    we must adhere to the dietary guidelines of very low salicylate consumption as well as very low carbohydrate ingestion. Therefore, many of Cherie Colbom’s soup recipes can be modified so that we can get the wonderful nutrients that our bodies need by just reducing the concentration of salcylates and carbohydrates per daily consumption. In other words, leave out of the recipe the “no-no” vegetables, or eat only a small amount of the recipe so that the salicylates do not compound. Of course, if one is quite hypoglycemic, then restrict consumption according to Dr. St. Amand’s directive. But if one is mildly carbohydrate intolerant then one can enjoy some of these soups in line with the more liberal diet list. As always, consult your physician when in need.
    The tv video is only 28 minutes long but so encouraging as Cherie herself has Fibromyalgia and has recoved amazingly by God’s grace. It is spiritual to eat right.

4. Laura Craig says:

Regarding the information from Cherie Calbom, the famous Juice Lady, who now has a great book out called: Souping is the New Juicing-
    It is necessary to go to the http://www.jewishvoice.org
    Website and the hit the menu option to search for the key words “Calbom” or “Souping”.
    This will get you to the wonderful 28 minute video that will give hope to all of us who are suffering now with health issues.