Using a blender to make it thick without the flour too! See? I told ya you were gonna LOVE it! 😀 Easy recipe!
- 1 package bacon, diced and fried
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- Approx 1 1/2-2 cups grated/chopped carrots (or just use a food processor like I do!)
- 2 cups homemade chicken stock or use low sodium broth from the grocery store.
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 large head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tsp seasalt (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp parsley
Start bacon in separate frying pan.
In large pot fry the onions, garlic and carrots for a couple minutes till onions are tender. Add rest of ingredients except for the milk and 1/2 the bacon. Bring to boil and simmer 20 mins. put the cold milk in a blender and scoop out the soup chunks with a slotted spoon and put into blender. Blend all till smooth. Pour back in pot and stir in rest of bacon. Serve and enjoy! 🙂
Easy right?! 🙂
Inspired by this Cauliflower Chowder recipe using flour to thicken and other stuff I didn’t use 🙂