Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia is a very REAL disease. The symptoms are so numerous, I could fill this entire page with them. If you have Fibromyalgia, you are not alone! Your pain is NOT in your head, and I am here to help any way that I can. If you are looking for a support group in Canada, especially the Dawson Creek BC area, my group is still open to new members, email me at christineshomemadecreations@ymail.com

What is Fibromyalgia?

Most of what I know about fibromyalgia is from what I’ve lived through since I was a little girl and didn’t understand why everyone else had so much more fun playing than I did. All I wanted to do was sit. All the time. THEN a few years ago I found a book that filled in all the blanks and showed me WHY I felt that way all my life and that there was something I could do to reverse it! The Guaifenesin Protocol is what I’m talking about. And no, it’s not just about taking a pill, you must do the whole protocol for it to actually work!

And YES! The Guaifenesin Protocol really works for Fibromyalgia!!

People are BORN with Fibromyalgia, but for most people, the symptoms don’t kick your butt till later in life usually. You can have small things like ‘growing pains’, or bladder issues, or ‘prone to illness.’ And just live with it, and not know that there is possibly something else going on. Notice I said POSSIBLY! Not everything is Fibromyalgia! πŸ™‚

Basically, there is trouble with our Kidneys. Dr St Amand believes (after 50 years of study and thousands of patients) that our kidneys have a genetic defect and don’t eliminate phosphate from our bodies, so the body compensates by storing it all over the body, creating tender points, bumps, lumps and many other issues! Please refer to the paper mentioned earlier for the more exhaustive list of symptoms or click here πŸ™‚ Some of the most prevalent symptoms I have seen are these: Irritable Bowel Syndrome complaints, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic bladder and yeast infection complaints, back, neck, sciatica, shoulder pain, post-nasal drip, sinus and nasal issues, sore feet, ankles, knees… the list goes ON and ON!

The only thing that works well to make the kidneys work as they should is pure Guaifenesin. But not only that! Before you run all over the internet searching Guaifenesin and reading ANCIENT papers on the studies done back in the 70’s, please hear me out! There is something that BLOCKS Guaifenesin from working, and they didn’t know about that when alot of those papers and studies were done. Thankfully, Dr St Amand has kept at it, determined to help his patients (and himself!) get well, not just cover symptoms with heavier, more addictive pain meds.

Check out the rest of my explanation of the Guaifenesin Protocol, including a little video I made : What is Fibromyalgia and the Guaifenesin Protocol? in my own words πŸ™‚

Check out these links for more helpful info:

Looking for a support group in Canada? My group is still open to new members, email me at christineshomemadecreations@ymail.com

14 Responses to Fibromyalgia

1. twins1947 says:

Hi~~~~very interested in the Salicylates products!! Was diagnosed in 1983 with Fibro/Chronic Fatigue. Many thanks!!

2. Bianca says:

I think it’s really cool that you have a section specifically for Fibro!

3. sheila swaim says:

I thank you for educating all of us. I was diagnosed with FM about 7 years ago, at first I didnt believe the doctor he rushed me through seemed like , no inst./teaching , just here take this pill and in 1 week and come back to see me. It worked, I was suprised still in denial but it was relieving pain so I went on. Eventually got another doctor to get 2nd opinion- bld. tests revealed I did’nt have rheumatoid ot thyroid problem. He switched me to Lyrica & Mobic (which did not work for me) went back begging to go back on Cymbalta and he put me on his “weight program” diet pill & B-12 injections. 2 Yrs. later we moved to west Texas. Pain full force saw 3rd doctor who said he agreed with dx. but added Gabapentin three times a day, and Savella twice a day. also put me on diet pill and I see him every 2-3 months. Some days are not so bad – some horrible. I cry, whine, get depressed, emotional, a times. I cant sleep most nites, then at times sleep too much, I have spent days in my room in bed. I am now trying to study this disease, try new diet and guai protocal just began few weeks ago. How long should it take? I pray for patientience. Lord help us please…

Welcome Sheila! thank you for sharing your story. How sad that so many of us have the same frustrating stories.
      Do you have the book by Dr St Amand, “What your Doctor may not tell you about Fibromyalgia.” It answered SO many of my questions and concerns!

Yes! Patience is key. This disease has a life time of deposits in your body that you have to reverse. It takes APPROXIMATELY 1 week to clear out 1 1/2 months of deposits, or a year to clear out 6 years of deposits. make sense? So, think back to when you first started noticing your symptoms. Then look at my equation of how long it takes to clear, and you will want to keep track of it! It helps when you have the bad days again to look back and know that you are feeling crappy because you are getting better and REVERSING the illness instead of feeling crappy and just getting worse! πŸ™‚

You can do this!! shoot me an email if you want to talk, I have a vacancy for mentoring a newbie through the process right now πŸ™‚ Someone just ‘graduated’ from needing my help all the time! YAY! πŸ˜€ You will too. It just takes a few months to get the hang of it and get to where it’s not so new and scary anymore.

4. Jan Ward says:

πŸ™‚ Boy, I sure wish you were out closer here in beautiful CA…. it’s so sad. I’ve been suffering from breast cancer surgery pain for 9 years…. but now. They think I’m crazy I guess. HMO Doctor’s here…. he told me “I have too many symptoms, no one can have all these symptoms” no you can’t be allergic to food — food only upsets your stomach…. you’re just getting older, of course you have blurred vision…. and his reasons go on and on…. and so does my pain. Everyday it’s something new…. but mostly I keep saying something is affecting me; like it’s attacking my body. He says…. no sugar is not your problem…. my glucouse is only 99. I’ve been to doctor to doctor… and my anxiety from joint pain, now itching, headaches, and the worse, my eyes change from day to day… make it really hard to be creative. And I love to sew and quilt…. and I’m finding that I’m losing my passion to even sew…. makes me cry. Even hard to type this with finger pain, and lol I can’t concentrate to get it done. Geesh…. an Almond Shortcake Cookie sounds good about now!!

My husband and I are going to read up on your articles, and hope it sheds some light on what’s going on with me. You seem so caring…. A word I haven’t felt in my many doctor travels :/ I pray that this brings some answers to my life…. I’d like to be a happier, healthy person ~~ and more so, watch my grandchildren grow, a little more <3

Thank you….. jan

Hi Jan, welcome! And thankyou for your kind words.

I am so sorry to hear how your doctors have been treating you. Unfortunately, it’s quite common. One day the Guaifenesin protocol will be mainstream doctoring for fibromyalgia, but right now it’s still so new.

Be encouraged, you are not alone, and there IS hope. You don’t have to be sick like this for the rest of your life, there is a treatment. It’s not simple and it’s not fast, but it WORKS!

Please do make yourself at home here, read as much as your foggy brain can take in, and keep asking questions!

Start with my link “What Is Fibromyalgia? In my own words.” It gives the general explanation, very much summed up πŸ™‚ Then I would suggest getting your hands on Dr St Amand’s book “What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia” You will learn SO much about what’s going on and why. it’s SO encouraging, I just cried and cried when I first read it- just that someone out there GETS it and that I am NOT crazy, I am sick!!

Feel free to keep in touch and email me if you like πŸ™‚ this week is crazy busy with tax season, so it might take me a bit to get back to you, just so you know!

Take care, and don’t give up!! you WILL get to see those precious grandchildren grow up!

5. I have been on them all and all they did was pack on more weight. My doctor put me on Gabapentin as well and I began to forget where or what I was doing, listing to one side, stumbling and falling. Be very careful with this medication it is NOT approved for Fibromyalgia patients, it is an anti-seizure drug for Epilepsy. When I went to see my Neurologist and was leaning to one side she asked what I was on and when I told her, she was livid! I was using Etodolac with Tizanidine but after a severe 2 month bout with Pneumonia and being on 3 rounds of anti-biotics and 2 of Prednisone, my body has rebelled again. I am researching other options as my doctor just seems to want to write scripts and nothing else. I had to beg to get an RX for massage just to keep moving! Sorry to vent, love your blog!

good gracious, that sounds awful!
      So what are you on now then?? I am so so thankful that I chose not to do that route, I was just starting to be too sick to live without pain killers when I heard about the Guaifenesin Protocol, SO thankful I found it.
      Have you looked into the Guaifenesin Protocol yet? It actually treats the source of the disease instead of masking it with pain killers πŸ™‚ I have lost of posts about it πŸ™‚