Are YOU On the Guafenesin Protocol and needing some help finding Salicylate free products?
Here is a link to a whole bunch that are sal-free right now. This list is only updated every couple months, so you STILL need to check your ingredient lists!
Here’s how I do it:
1. Look through this list to find a few of each category (half the time they won’t carry the ONE you want, so make sure to have a few options) http://www.fibrofreerecoverygroup.com/salicylate-free-product-list/
2. Copy and paste onto a Word doc the name and ingredients for each item you want. You can get ingredient lists from www.drugstore.com , Ulta.com or Sephora.com
3. Print off list and take to store with you.
4. Bring a basket and kindly ask the clerk if there is a chair where you can read through the ingredients of your products. If you explain to them that you have Fibromyalgia, they are usually very kind and even try to help with reading through the ingredients 🙂
5. Put ALL your items you can find into your basket, sit down and read through each ingredient with your lists. IF there is an ingredient in one that is not in your printed out list, dig out your QUICK Check (Which I have written down in my daytimer and always have with me) Click this link for the Quick Check: http://christinescozycorner.ca/salicylate-free-check-list/
7. OR, if you are feeling desperate because you have only found ONE of that product, Dig out your Salicylate Free Ingredient List and check to see if the ingredient is on there. If you are STILL determined to figure out that one ingredient, write it down and research it at home. http://christinescozycorner.ca/ingredients-that-are-salicylate-free-and-safe-to-use-in-the-guaifenesin-protocol/
8. OR, if they have a good return policy, just buy a bunch that look like they could be sal free and go through the above steps at home, and then return the ones you can’t have!