We are LOVIN this recipe! 🙂 I have been craving Mexican style food lately, and my hubby kinda mentioned ‘having taco meat with
some cheese and stuff.’ Or something like that! hehe! So, off I went searching the web for a recipe that would work for my Hypoglycemia and hubbies type 2 diabetes, and found NOTHING! But I did find out how to layer it, and then I didn’t follow it anyways! heh. This is how my favorite recipes are born folks!! Easy peasy and SUUUUPER yummy! This recipe is HG Strict or Lib, check the TIPS at the bottom for these changes.
- 1 lb Ground beef, browned
- 2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning or entire package of taco seasoning mix. I always use my easy peasy homemade taco seasoning mix, click for recipe.
then fry together for 1 or 2 minutes with:
- 2 cups Riced Cauliflower for HG Strict OR grated carrots for HG lib
- 1 cup chopped celery (optional)
then stir in:
- 1 cup of your favorite Sugar free salsa. (skip this for HG Strict) I have recently made my own Fresh Salsa from scratch– YUMM! (click for recipe)
Scoop all onto bottom of 9×13 buttered pan. Then sprinkle on top:
- 1-2 cups sour cream and/or cottage cheese (can use only 1 cup, we did the first time, hubby isn’t a fan of sour cream)
- 4 chopped peppers- red, yellow, orange, green, whateva 🙂
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups grated mozza cheese on top of all.
Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 for 25 mins or until bubbly and cheese is the way you like it 🙂
Tip: depending on your preference, you can add some cayenne pepper if you like your Mexican foods really spicy. This was perfect for me, my salsa was medium.
Tip: for Hypoglycemia Diet lib, use carrots instead of the cauliflower for a really yummy sweet flavor! 🙂
This recipe linked up with: All Things With Purpose / Sorta Crunchy / The Busy Bee’s / The Shabby Creek Cottage / House of Hepworths / Live Renewed / Rae Gun Ramblings / Growing Home / New Nostalgia / Little House Living / Feeding Big / What Joy Is Mine / Countrified Hicks / Covered in Grace