I started asking myself what has changed in the last few years on the protocol:
- I found this super yummy sugar free ice cream that I have often (with all the nasty sugar alternatives.
- Using Splenda without any concern for the health risks.
- Prior to the protocol I was on so many pain meds.
- I took different HRT’s because of my hysterectomy, which have been proven to causecancer.
- My body started to scream at me when I started on some Bio-identical Hormones, which are not a cancer risk and really do help everyone else.
- We are eating way more veggies (and not washing them.)
- We had mold in our house this winter.
- I went on antibiotics 3 times for my bronchitis and sinusitis (which hasn’t gone away after 8 months.) Turns out my doc prescribed them for me when he ‘knew’ it was just viral infection, not bacterial, so he apparently ‘knew’ it wouldn’t work. Thanks for that.
Prior to the Guaifenesin Protocol to treat my fibromyalgia, I began to make my own beauty products, and still do! (Christine’s Homemade Creations) I was so concerned about the toxins in everything and what the industry uses to make products feel and look better. I used alot of natural stuff, full of healthy salicylates.
For those of you on the Guaifenesin Protocol, you know we can not have salicylates in our products if we want the Guaifenesin to work to reverse our Fibromyalgia symptoms. For this reason, I really stopped worrying so much about it, because I believed that all my symptoms were from fibromyalgia.
BUT! You DO need to be careful not to go overboard on this! It was such a relief to me, that I threw caution to the wind and over-did it on the unhealthy stuff, esp the sugar-free foods on the Hypoglycemia diet.
I have gotten a plethora of tests done recently. Things are not looking good for the rest of my body. Thyroid, Adrenals and all my hormones are totally not doing well, not to mention the amount of weight gain, while on the HG diet, mostly strict! How can that be?!
I believe toxins are the issue for me. All this stuff has been piling up in my system, damaging all the organs. I read part of the book by Suzanne Sommers called Tox-Sick.
Excellent book about all the toxins we live with and the damage it can do to your body. This started me on a journey to find what can work to detox our fibro bodies on the Guaifenesin Protocol. If you have fibro, you are likely toxic from all the meds you’ve been on to get by, not to mention the many other toxic factors in our lives. What do we breathe? What do we eat? What do we touch?
As I mentioned, I am still working through this book, while researching how to detox without all the herbs and blockers she suggests. As well as learning how to support my adrenals and thyroid that are apparently doing very poorly. We can’t be taking the green tea and all the herbs like milk thistle daily to slowly detox, we kinda need to figure out a way to detox and still keep clearing on the guaifenesin protocol.
1-3 of 6 detox changes you can do now to get started:
- ALWAYS wash your veggies and fruits in water and vinegar. Just dump them all in your kitchen sink, use about 1 cup vinegar in a sink of water. Set the timer for 30mins. Then drain and you’re done! 🙂 And PLEASE stay away from these dangerous non-organic foods: Strawberries, cucumbers, peppers, celery, apples. Those are the worst ones to buy non-organic. Other non-organic fruits and veggies, if you clean them very well, are less toxic. Check out This Slow Life. com for more on Organic.
- Drink lots of water with fresh lemon juice, known to naturally support your detoxification processes in your body. I actually buy organic lemons, dump them in my food processor whole, and process them to a pulp. Use a couple Tsp. On the HG diet, I use this as my fruit serving in a glass of water in the morning before my breakfast. I found that having it in my water all day long was too much sugar or carbs on the HG diet. Check out this post for more on lemon water: water benefits health.com
- SKIP the nasty artificially sweetened stuff with ingredients like Splenda and aspertame. If you are not on the HG diet, stay away from sugars of any kind as well as corn (usually Genetically Modified GMO) and all simple carbs- esp the white stuff- rice, bread, pasta, potatoes.
Well, there you have it! I am starting on this journey to detoxify and cleanse, I hope you will join me! My next post will give you 4-6 detox changes without blocking on the Guaifenesin Protocol. Much love to you all <3